Why a fee?
The fee we are asking you to pay to receive plasmids covers only a fraction of the cost incurred for the development, storage, documentation and distribution of our vector collection. We believe it is fair for our group to request this small contribution from members of the scientific community because it helps us to maintain and improve a useful resource.
If you want to order plasmids, then you need to undertake the following steps:
- To make an order, you need to sign in first. If you don't have an account yet, then you will need to sign up and register your account. Even if you ordered before on the old Gateway Vectors web page, before July 2019, you will need a to register a new account.
- Search for the construct you need in the Collection tab. Either browse through the collection, search for a part of a name, or filter by application. Click on the link of the construct you like and add to your shopping cart. You can review the contents of your cart by clicking the Shopping Cart in the top menu. The contents of your basket will be preserved even if you sign off.
- To place an order, click on your cart and click checkout. A summary of your order can be viewed at this time.
- In the contract and questionnaire page, click on "I accept these terms and conditions" to digitally sign the MTA and answer a few questions on your intended use of the vectors.
- If you haven't done so before, fill in your billing and shipping information and select your method of payment.
- If you need an invoice, be sure to check the "I want an invoice" box. You will then need to provide a VAT.
- Continue to the next step and make sure the information you provided is accurate.
- For certain countries, we need additional data for customs clearance:
- Australia and New Zealand require an AQUIS import permit granted to your lab by the relevant government.
- Brazil requires a valid Brazillian company tax ID, called CNPJ.
- You can review your orders by choosing "My Orders" from the top menu. You can also download and print an MTA there again.
- After ordering, we will send an invoice to the billing address, or to the shipping address if no billing address was given. We will also send further instructions on payment. We prefer payment by wire transfer or by credit card, but if there is no other possibility, we also accept payment by cheque.
- Once you receive the invoice, you will need to pay. Please make your payment in advance. The shipping and handling fee for each individual vector is 50 Euro. Belgian institutes and European Union institutes that have no VAT number must also pay VAT (21%).
- We recommend that you order at least 2 vectors for a minimum value of 100 Euro. You can order a single vector, but please note that this incurs a handling and shipping surcharge fee of €50. Starting from 2 vectors, this surcharge is waived.
- We can only process orders through this web page. Please note that we must receive your online order, your payment and the duly signed MTA before we can ship the material.
- We would like to draw your attention to the fact that the fee does not include bank charges. Please pay the invoice with all additional bank charges at your expense. The best way to avoid these bank charges is to pay the invoice using a credit card.